AIR BALANCED BACKUP BREATHER
This octo reg delivers lots of air effortlessly when you
-- or your dive buddy -- need it most.
If you're going to dive with a safe second (and you definitely
should) the last thing you want to do is scrimp on your backup
breather. On the contrary, you want to choose a safe second stage
that's every bit as good as a primary second stage. In
SCUBAPRO-speak, that's called the S360 OCTO.
The lightweight techno-polymer S360 is an easy-breathing
air-balanced second stage used on a number of quality SCUBAPRO reg
systems. It comes with pre-tuned inhalation for simplicity, and
includes a Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) switch for easy
detuning to avoid free flows. This makes for a sweet-breathing
primary second stage, and it's also the ideal set-up for use as a
The S360 OCTO takes the standard S360 second
stage and adds a high visibility yellow cover so it's easy to see,
and a 39-inch yellow hose that makes it easy to share with a buddy
in need. With the balanced airflow you get consistent air delivery
regardless of depth, adding a level of security and confidence when
you need it the most.
When you need a safe second you want the best -- that's the
- Lightweight techno-polymer casing helps reduce jaw fatigue and
improve diving comfort.
- High visibility front cover makes it easy to locate in
virtually all water conditions.
- Techno-polymer valve inlet tube contributes to reliability and
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when
diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- High-flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation effort to lower
overall work of breathing.
- Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch
helps control free flows.
- Yellow super-flow hose is 39 inches long and features an
oversized bore (larger inside hose diameter) that allows more air
to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet
doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight: 5.6oz/158g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1850 l/min - 66 SCFM.
- Maximum low pressure: 203psi/14bar
Perfect for a Stage or Pony Cylinder regulator as well -- add a first stage!