SCUBAPRO MK17 EVO/G260 --
ENVIRONMENTALLY SEALED FOR TOTAL PROTECTION
The ideal system for cold water or harsh conditions,
tech divers and cave explorers just love this reg.
If you dive deep, dive cold, or often find yourself on silty
bottoms or in less-than-pristine waters, the MK17
EVO/G260 is the reg system for you.
The new MK17 EVO is SCUBAPRO's premium high
performance balanced diaphragm first stage. Engineered specifically
for cold water and harsh environments, its internal components are
completely sealed off from the elements so neither water nor
pollution can get inside the chrome-plated marine grade brass body
to foul the mechanism. This total sealing system also allows for a
dry ambient pressure chamber which works to prevent freezing,
provides better protection and improves performance, ensuring
trouble-free operation no matter how cold or murky the water
This new version is more compact than its predecessor yet
delivers better breathing performance. Its improved internal design
allows more airflow from the LP ports which have also been
configured for optimum hose routing.
The venerable G260 is the most imitated air
balanced second stage design of all time. First introduced in 1986
as the G250, it was the first regulator to introduce an adjustable
Venturi Initialed Vacuum Assist (VIVA). Today's modern version
features metal components (inlet tube, orifice, inhalation control
knob and hose connector) for excellent cold-water performance. It
also offers a left-right hose attachment option, making it a great
choice for tech diving configurations.
While you don't need cold water or a harsh ocean environment to
appreciate this reg, the MK17 EVO/G260 was built
for demanding divers and demanding conditions. Ideally suited to
technical diving as well as cave diving, if you dive deep, dive
cold, or often find yourself on silty bottoms or in
less-than-pristine waters, this is the reg system for you.
MK17 EVO First Stage:
- Air balanced diaphragm delivers constant and effortless airflow
unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants
from fouling the inner mechanism.
- More compact design features a smaller dry ambient pressure
chamber and spring, although the bulletproof inner parts remain the
- Dry ambient pressure chamber increases freezing resistance,
ensuring consistent airflow in the coldest conditions.
- Substantial increase in airflow -- 6900 l/min versus 6500 l/min
-- includes improved balance of air supply pressure.
- Two high pressure and four high-flow ports maximize air
delivery and hose routing options.
- High-flow performance is available from all four LP ports which
are configured for optimum hose routing.
- Available in a 3364psi/232bar INT configuration.
- Weight: INT 232 - 30oz/850g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 6900 l/ min - 230 SCFM.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 130-142/9.0-9.8.
G260 Second Stage:
- Nylon fiberglass design features SCUBAPRO's largest second
stage casing and diaphragm for the ultimate in breathing
sensitivity, regardless of position in the water.
- Anodized aluminum front cover ring adds resistance without
- Metal components, including metal air barrel and metal valve
inlet tube, increase resistance to freezing when diving in extreme
- High-flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation for better overall
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when
diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- A diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob fine-tunes air
delivery to suit changing depths, water conditions and personal
- Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch
prevents free flows in cold water or when used as an octopus.
- Reversible hose attachment allows you to easily adjust hose
routing for tech diving configurations.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore (larger inside hose
diameter) that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet
doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight: 9.7oz/275g.
- Airflow at 2900psi: 1800 l/min - 64 SCFM.
- Maximum low pressure: 203psi/14bar.