SCUBAPRO MK21/S560 -- Great Value!
AN EXCELLENT MID-RANGE REG SYSTEM
Lightweight and compact, this versatile breather offers
superb performance and value - plus a whole lot more.
The compact and lightweight MK21/S560 is a
full-featured reg combo that's easy to use, offers SCUBAPRO
reliability and is priced right, making it the ideal mid-range
system for a variety of diving scenarios.
The MK21 is SCUBAPRO's most compact
balanced-piston first stage. Smaller and lighter than the MK25, it
uses a smaller piston but it delivers the same level of breathing
performance, no matter how hard you're breathing, how deep you're
diving or what your pressure gauge reads. The MK21
also provides exceptional resistance to freezing due to the thermal
exchange produced by the external fins on its polished chrome brass
The MK21's innovative "smart" hose layout comes
with a standard cap with four low pressure ports angled (+/- 20º)
to maximize hose routing. This standard cap can be replaced with an
optional cap that offers four low pressure ports at more extreme
angles (0°/30°) plus a fifth centralized high-flow low pressure
port -- a useful configuration for technical diving.
The air balanced S560 second stage features a
lightweight techno-polymer casing and comes with full user
controls, including an inhalation effort adjustment knob and a
Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch. It can
be counted on to breathe dry and easy, regardless of depth or your
position in the water.
The MK21/S560's size and weight make it an
excellent choice for travel divers, its innovative fin design makes
it a good cold-water performer, its "smart" hose layout is
well-suited for some technical applications, and its overall ease
of use, reliability and price make it the must-have reg system for
recreational divers of all skill levels.
MK21 First Stage:
- Air-balanced flow-through piston provides constant and
effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing
- Polished chrome plated marine grade brass body is close to 20
percent smaller than the MK25, making it an easy travel
- Unique thermal exchange design with external fins optimizes
- Two high pressure ports, one on each side of the body, allows
the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Standard "smart" hose routing cap offers four low pressure
ports angled for more convenient hose routing (+/- 20º).
- Optional hose routing cap increases routing configurations with
four angled low pressure ports (0°/30°) plus a fifth
centralized high-flow low pressure port, ideal for technical
- Redesigned yoke allows for easier mounting on a cylinder, and
redesigned cap protects internal components from water intrusion
after the dive.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 26.2/744; DIN 300 (oz/g):
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >7500/265.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 130-142/9.0-9.8.
S560 Second Stage:
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when
diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- Lightweight techno-polymer casing helps reduce jaw fatigue and
improve diving comfort.
- Techno-polymer inlet tube contributes to reliability and long
- High flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation effort to lower
overall work of breathing.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob
and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore (larger inside hose
diameter) that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet
doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight: 6.1oz/172g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1850 l/min - 66 SCFM.
- Maximum low pressure: 203psi/14bar.